Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The state of affairs in theatre

Just for those who were wondering...

My show is going fairly well. Despite entirely too little rehearsal time, my actors and tech crew put on an amazing show opening night, last Thursday.

Friday was also good, although there were some glitches in line memory. And the author came to see the show that night. But he enjoyed it, and he and I were out until 1:30 in the morning discussing the differences in my production and earlier productions of the show.

Saturday night I was having a terrible day, so I left before my show started, but after I did the opening welcome schpiel.

Tonight my actors are getting together to run lines, but I won't be there.

And tomorrow we start over again. We close Saturday. Whooo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

well that sounds wonderful. thanks for letting us know. you must be proud as it sounds like a total success. often i hear how authors have issues with how their work is interpreted so the fact that he approved is a great pat in the back. so bravo. and break a leg.

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home