Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Some people are born superheroes. Some people achieve superhero-hood. And some people have being a superhero thrust upon them.

And then there are those who become a superhero because of a reality television show.

sigh

Ok, dirty confession time. Reality TV is not banned in our home. I sometimes wish it was, but it isn't. We watch American Idol, Dancing With the Stars, Nanny 911 and Supernanny, and occasionally the shorter lived, more inspired shows such as SciFi Channel's Mad Mad House.

So, I'd like to claim the moral high ground in regards to Stan Lee's Who Wants To Be A Superhero? After all, it is being produced by SciFi Channel, who managed to keep Mad Mad House as a fairly respectful look at the lifestyle of the Alts.

But, I mean, come on. They're currently taking applicants and will narrow it down to 11 finalists. These finalists will then take part in physical, mental and moral challenges while wearing costumes of their own design.

Physical. Mental. Moral. Wearing costumes of their own design.

Am I the only one who sees this as a pure disaster?

Stan Lee has a great legacy in the world of superheroes. He is the man who is at least partially responsible for the creation of Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, the Incredible Hulk, many of the original Avengers, Dr. Strange, and more. His later works have included some masterful creations as well. I, for one, loved the Just Imagine... series, where Stan Lee reimagined DC's iconic characters. But between Stripperella, the upcoming related project with Hugh Hefner featuring Playboy Playmates and this, I would like to suggest that Mr. Lee has officially lost it.

Now, where do I apply to become a contestant...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find myself looking forward to watching this train wreck. I think I need help.

-Nico

4:14 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Oh, it'll be a train wreck, no doubt.

But if you think you need help because you're looking forward to watching, what does it say about me that I'm considering applying?

4:53 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Hello Aaron, thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment. My condolences for you loss as well. I hope that the 17th was a day of wonderful memories for you.
About your blog, i love your title...everybody needs a superhero now and then. Now i know where to come when i need a fix...:)

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I was a super hero :/

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home