Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A few random thoughts

Sorry I didn't get a chance to put anything up here yesterday.

Things are stupid busy.

I will try to get something else up later today, but I don't know that I'll get anything new up before tomorrow's Round-Up.

In the meantime, a few random thoughts:

Theatre is cool: Part of why I'm so busy right now is that I'm directing a play as part of the Columbus Fringe Festival. The theatre company I work with most often, Miscreant Productions, will be producing the show Alone Together as one half of In Flux. If you're in the Columbus area between May 11th and 20th, come see the show.

Spider-Man 3: Thomas Hayden Church revealed that, yes, in fact, Venom is in this coming movie. Ok Sam, I'm with you so far. Don't screw up. Angry fanboys with pitchforks do not make for a pleasant sight.

Being a nerd: A few people commented that I should be proud of my nerdhood, and wear it openly. I'd like to reiterate that I don't go to great pains to hide it. My comment likening my hiding of it to Peter Parker was more a cut on how often Toby got unmasked in the two Spider-Man movies than a statement on how hard I hide my inner-nerd. I don't care who knows I'm a nerd, I just got tired of explaining it, so I no longer shout it from the rooftops.

Ok, that's all I've got at the moment. Like I said, I'll try to get something of substance on here this evening. If not, then there'll be the round-up tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

Who saids that being a 'nerd' is a bad thing. Maybe i don't know the definition of the word but as far as i have seen, 'nerds' are what people often call wonderful beings that like gadgets and are into fun things...My son, then is also a nerd, and i think he is a wonderful kid. He wears a calculator watch, he has every gadget i can afford and he is most kind and sweet. Bullies, name calling and titles...people are people and mostly everyone is wonderful in their own right. You are super smart and fun and talented-whatever that is called by others in my book, it just makes you a favolous guy/husband/daddy/friend/blogger.

I live no where near close to you but i would love to see your play nonetheless...I'll be sending you best wishes. You will do great. Don't worry about blogging-we will still be here. In the mean time enjoy your success and your passion for acting/directing. Someday i'll be reading of you in the papers...:)

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home