Monday, June 26, 2006

Ever so slightly off-topic

Last year, as part of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I wrote a novel. It wasn't brilliant, but it was pretty decent. Or so I'd like to think, based on the lies encouragment of my friends and family. The novel was a superhero novel, sort of, entitled Children of the Sleeper: The Awakening. I see it as a trilogy, and intend to write a sequel soon. I also intend to finish editing it and sending it to a publisher.

I've decided to start another novel. Not a sequel to CotS Book One, but something new.

I was playing with the Enter the Zombie sourcebook for the All Flesh Must Be Eaten roleplaying game, and hit upon an idea for a vampire hunter.

This hunter stuck himself in my head, and doesn't want to leave, so I'm writing a novel about him.

It's going to be a little darker than CotS. If CotS was PG-13, this is going to be rated R. I'm also writing it in first person, rather than the third-person-but-in-one-character's-head view
that I used for CotS. (And that I use for most of my character naratives in gaming.)

I'm not doing it for NaNoWriMo, which means I have to motivate myself to work on it. This might be somewhat difficult, since I'll be leaving Mindleaders sometime before July 10th so that I can start working for the state, giving me less time during the day to waste write.

So, for anyone who is interested, I'm posting it to my LiveJournal as I go along, just like I did for CotS. In an effort to keep first publication rights managed, the posts are friends only, so if you don't have a LJ, or I don't have you friended, let me know. Or, if you'd prefer, you can ask me to mail it to you when it's done.

1 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

a man of many talents...i wish you the best of luck and not just for you to break legs but with yet another great idea.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home