Wednesday, June 14, 2006

With the removal of a single mask, everything changes.

There will be more about this tomorrow in the Weekly Comic Round-Up. But as I have said repeatedly, but most specifically last week, if Marvel doesn't wimp out, everything changes.

Everything.

This is big. Really big. Big enough that it even made Yahoo! News.

Spider-Man. Unmasked.

Wow.

When Darth Vader uttered the fateful line, "Luke, I am your father." I wasn't old enough for it to really impact me. But I can only imagine that fans of Star Wars felt then the way I feel right now.

For as long as I can remember, Spider-Man's secret identity has been sacred. Sacred. That was always my biggest single problem with the Spider-Man movies; Peter took off his mask far too easily.

But now? Spider-Man unmasked.

I'm honestly at a loss for words.

More tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

call me a traditionalist but i like the nobody ever knows who he is bit better..

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home