Thursday, August 17, 2006

I am such an addict...


Here we are. Thursday night again, and time for another episode of Who Wants To Be a Superhero? We've lost six, with five to go. (Rotiart doesn't count. And it's arguable whether or not the Iron Enforcer does.)

I'm still picking Creature to win. But we shall see. We'll definitely lose one, but might lose two.

I'm actually a bit nervous that Creature is going now, based on not seeing her in the later challenge during the commercials for this week.

Ah well. There are others.

Of course, I'm still sad that we lost Monkey Woman. She was fun, and really "got it." And she climbed into a frickin' tree for her costume change. That really counts for something.

Oddly enough, I find myself wondering how to use this show in an RPG. My current Witchcraft campaign would be completely inappropriate, of course. But I could really see making a campaign, or at least an adventure, out of the premise of this show.

And I really want to audition for the show if they do another season. But I'm beginning to realize I would be eliminated far too easily. I don't think I live my life anywhere close to as "heroically" as I should. And heck, if they eliminated Mary Monkey Woman for being an actress, I would be utterly sunk.

In other news, I absolutely know what I would choose to do for my hero now. I would be Renaissance Man, armed with rapier, and following the principles of Leonardo da Vinci. da Vinci believed that the "renaissance man" would study all things. He would be a scholar, statesman and athlete. Renaissance Man would therefore do these things. He would be like Batman, a trained normal man, who used his advanced skills to fight crime. And on that note, I just recieved my Advanced Actor Combatant certificate from the Society for American Fight Directors. That'd help with superheroic activities, right?

Live update: Creature left. We'll probably see one more after their prison visit. I won't keep updating throughout the episode, so, without seeing the episode yet, I'm going to predict that we lose Lemuria. She's just too nasty.

3 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

i still say audition. it doesn't matter how long you last. at the end you will have had so much fun and such an adventure..a lifetime of memories that will always make you smile...besides, saids who you wouldn't win? betcha you could do better...you have what it takes mister..

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think it helped Monkey Woman that she didn't mention she was an actress. Too bad, her attack dog challenge victory was freaking amazing.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of addicts, it's been 12 days! I need my fix, man.

*starts smacking forearm*

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home