Friday, August 11, 2006

So, does one put salt on their undead vigilantes?

Oh, wait. That isn't what they mean when they say eating crow.

Thank goodness.

In any case, it is time for me to do a bit of that. I started this blog way back in March of this year. And shortly thereafter, in one of my first blog posts, I had some unpleasant things to say about Who Wants To Be a Superhero?

I imagined that it was going to be a disaster. I contemplated submitting an audition tape anyhow, but I really thought there was going to be nothing good to come from it. Nothing at all.

And now, I find myself absolutely loving it.

Why? Because it is brilliantly put together. Absolutely brilliant. I scoffed at the idea of "super-hero challenges," but that was before I realized how well done they would be.

Stan Lee and company have found ways to test the character of these contestants, and to see if they're really willing and able to act like superheroes. And so far, they've done a great job of it.

I was sad to see Monkey Woman go. She may've been an actress, but it was obvious that she really cared about the competition and being a superhero. Besides, she earned points with me for climbing into a tree to change into costume.

Iron Enforcer may've been a plant. Who cares? It's been wonderful to watch.

My prediction for a winner? Hard to say. Major Victory seems the obvious choice, despite being a bit of a joke. Lemuria is going to shoot herself in the foot with her ambition. Big Momma is just not the right type for this thing. Feedback is a possibility, but something about him rubs me the wrong way.

As a result, my prediction is that the winner of this year's competition will be Creature.

And if they do a Season Two? I am so auditioning.

(It's taken me a little longer than expected to get caught up on comics. I buy a lot of comics in a month. When I pick them up all at once, it can take a bit. I'll have the round-up sometime this weekend.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

if you audition, know that we are all behind you...i know you win it..hands down...go for it..

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home